I believe it is our own perception of our life challenges, which cause us pain. Life is actually neutral. We give everything in our life its meaning. We make ourselves upset by what we tell ourselves about the experience. Our perception of things is so limited that we cannot see the whole picture. Years later we may see the real implication of a significant event in our life. What we once judged as "bad" actually may have been a turning point in one's life. I have finally learned not to judge things as good or bad. We can choose to look at our challenges as opportunities to grow. These opportunities can be transformational experiences.
We each have a deep inner essence that is our connection to the Divine. I believe the reason we are suffering is because we have lost that feeling of connection with our Source. We feel separate. To heal ourselves, we need to examine our belief systems and change those beliefs that are outdated and no longer serve us. We must release the emotional charges that are holding us hostage.
Transformational Healing is seeing our suffering with new eyes. It allows us to be a witness to it, then experiencing what it looks like and how it feels. By shifting our level of awareness, we are able to look at our suffering differently. When we look at healing from our expanded awareness, we can have deep love and compassion for ourselves and those involved in our dramas.
There are three stages of inner transformation: experience, release and transformation. Let me share with you an example with one of my clients. This client had a serious test anxiety. She was studying to be a nurse and failed a very important test. This required her to go back and retake some of her classes. Her instructors suggested she experience some Hypnotherapy, as they knew that she had learned the material but was unable to perform on tests. When she was regressed to the root cause of the problem, she realized it stemmed from three different circumstances where she had been inappropriately touched as a child. She had remembered these experiences, but never connected them with her test anxiety. The message she gave herself was that she was no good. She certainly didn't deserve to succeed in life. The unworthiness was overwhelming. She experienced her pain, was able to release her emotions around these circumstances through an Emotional Freedom Technique, and transform her outdated belief patterns. By focusing on the area around her heart, she was able to get in touch with the Divine part of herself. She witnessed the experience through new eyes and found an inner strength. She was able to see herself as deserving the life she wanted. She was actually looking forward to taking her next test, which of course she passed.
If you are in the midst of a life challenge, I invite you to follow these steps to Transformational Healing:
1. Do some journaling on this challenge to discover some of your own hidden beliefs. Some of the common beliefs which have surfaced with my clients are, "I am not a good person; I am not important; I am not lovable; I am not good enough; I am not worthy; I don't deserve to be successful."
2. Put yourself into a very relaxed state by taking in some long, slow deep breaths and focus on your breathing. Call in your Higher Self, that wise part of you that knows. Explore with your deep inner mind what you need to pay attention to today to clear these self-limiting belief patterns.
3. Ask for help in discovering the root cause of this issue. You may have a thought, a feeling, or even a physical reaction. You may get impressions or pictures. Be willing to explore this, discovering your beliefs and emotions about it. If you feel a particular sensation in your body, you might ask it for a message. Be a witness to this experience without judgment. (If you feel resistance, just ask yourself to pretend that you know, for indeed a part of you does know.)
4. Realize that this experience was in the past and has limited you from being your true self. Release your feelings through journal writing, energy therapies, rituals, visualizations, and setting the intention to let it go. Give yourself permission to let go of the baggage.
5. The transformational stage occurs after you have fully experienced and released the original issue. Imagine that you are now floating above the situation. Invite in some healing light and water to fill every cell of your body until you feel lighter. Send it through to purify the experience you are witnessing. Move into the heart area and fill your entire body with compassion, unconditional love and acceptance. You might call in Angelic assistance to assist you with total loving energy.
6. Ask for help in determining the soul lesson. You might want to reframe it by looking at it differently now. Can you find a gift in this situation? How has it forced you to grow? Forgiveness often follows this experience because one realizes that every one does the best they can at the time, even if it wasn't good enough.
We each have an inner guidance system to assist us in our healing. It brings forth our inner wisdom to transform the old pattern. I believe that everything we experience can be turned to good. Our higher consciousness calls us to explore, release and transform our deepest difficulties. Healing is a work of a lifetime, but it can be an adventure as we learn to move into our fullness.
Katherine Nuyens has BA in Education and a Master's in Counseling Psychology. She is certified as a clinical hypnotherapist through the National Guild, works with Energy Psychology and is a Specialist in Biofeedback. Katherine feels extremely honored and blessed serving in this capacity. Her goal is to empower people to find their inner connection, healing issues through awareness, compassion, and the power of love. She is sought as an inspirational speaker, offering private sessions as well as group work and classes. www.moriahcenter.com